Hyderabad: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday will initiate the Hyderabad Metro Rail venture, touted as the world’s biggest open private association (PPP) in the part.
Business operations of the Metro venture will start November 29, Hyderabad Metro Rail authorities said.
The task has defeated many obstacles, for example, default by the primary concessionaire Maytas Infra-drove consortium and resulting advancements, urgent land securing by the state government and logjam for at some point over course arrangement, among others.
Here is the Timeline Of The Project:
- May 2007: Formation of Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited
- September 2008: Concession Agreement marked between Andhra Pradesh Government (unified) and Maytas Metro Ltd (MML)
- July 2009: Termination of CA with MML and summoning of Bank Guarantee for Rs 60 crore (in addition to Rs 11 crore)
- July 2010: Financial Bids (RFP) opened for the second time
- September 2010: Concession Agreement marked with LTMRHL (L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad Limited)
- January 2011: Allotment of 104 sections of land of land at Uppal
- March 2011: Financial Closure, accommodation for Escrow, Substitution Agreement, Common Loan Agreement
- March 2012: Handing over of Miyapur Depot arrive (104 sections of land) to LTMRHL
- April 2012: Commencement of preparations by the concessionaire
- May 2012: Appointment of Keolis as O&M temporary worker by LTMRHL
- November 2012: Formal initiation of Metro Rail works by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh (unified)
- May 2013: Final endorsement of Viability Gap Funding of Rs 1,458 crore by the Center
- September 2014: Notification of the arrangement of three halls of Hyderabad Metro Rail venture under Central Metro Acts by the Center
- January 2015: Approval of Signaling and Telecom arrangement of HMR venture by Railway Board
- April 2016: Commissioner of metro rail security (CMRS) authorisation for opening of 8.05 km since a long time ago raised segment between Nagole – Mettuguda, Stage-1; Corridor-III of Hyderabad Metro Rail venture for open carriage of travelers
- August 2016: CMRS authorisation for Stage 2 – Miyapur to SR Nagar area, opening for open carriage of travelers
- July 2017: Revised courses of events for COD at the very latest November 30, 2018
- November 20, 2017: CMRS authorisation from Mettuguda to Ameerpet extend for opening for open carriage of travelers
- November 28, 2017: Metro rail introduction by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Related: HYDERABAD METRO RAIL TIMINGS